On a night like tonight – absolutely miserable (rainy and windy) – working from 4PM – 12AM gives you some time to have lots of random thoughts about all sorts of things… Here are just a few:
1) What is up with girls wearing summer clothes during a torrential downpour? I’m not talking about a storm that started late in the day – we’re talking all day rain forecasted for the next 36 hours. Why on earth would you wear a backless halter top and mini-skirt on a night like this? Seriously. I know you’re trying to look good, but you’re just doing a brilliant job of looking like a complete idiot! PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!
2) School starts on Tuesday (for most people) – so as a driver, don’t forget to slow down in school zones – the cops are ravenous this time of year. They can make their entire month’s worth of ticket quotas in a single day. Beware…
3) I miss the simplicity of just getting up in the morning and going to school – no bills, no boss, and no cranky customers. On the other hand, I don’t miss the bullies, the cranky teachers or the smell of the school bus…
4) There isn’t a single person in the world who looks at his/her self and thinks he/she looks amazing. I don’t know how many times tonight I watched these skinny (I’m talking rail thin) girls go into the cosmetics section of the store complaining about how fat and unattractive they are – meanwhile, I’m thinking, “I’d kill to look like you – and if you’re thinking that way about yourself, PLEASE don’t look this way, lest you turn to dust at the sight of big old size 16 me.” We live in a society that is all about vanity, but none of us can ever be satisfied with what we look like – I’d say the media has done a damn good job at pointing out all of our flaws.
5) I love Foxy
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment