Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Truly horrible updater...


I know it’s been a while since I posted an update, but I can’t help it! It’s crazy busy and it seems that the moment I have a minute of “free” time, I have something that needs to get done, whether it’s laundry, awards for the bowling association, refreshing one of my first year university courses to help out a new student, or helping some friends find a new apartment – my blog falls lower and lower on the list of things that need to be done… To those of you who take the time to check for updates, I apologize.

Foxy and I are officially bringing home Rogue on Friday. I’m very excited, but a little nervous as to how the first bit will go. Please keep your fingers crossed for us and our carpets alike. Hopefully she will love us as much as we already love her.

Fall has officially arrived, and with it, daylight savings time, which I like in the mornings but hate at night. It SUCKS leaving work in the dark! It feels so much later than it actually is and it’s almost always guaranteed to make you sleepy.

Halloween has come and gone. It was also Foxy’s birthday – he’s now 27! We spent the evening over at Jay and Joanne’s place, where I helped give out candy. There were many cute costumes, but I’m still unsure as to why teenage girls think that dressing like a ho is a costume. Ah well, c’est la vie. I guess I’m over the whole Halloween thing – pretty much since living in Yellowknife, where the only thing you could dress up as was an Eskimo because you had to wear your parka over your costume anyway, and it’s no fun walking for miles in Sorel boots (which weigh a ton) and heavy mittens (which make grabbing the bag hard). It all ended for me there. Incidentally, it was -13°C in Yellowknife today. Nice, eh?

Mom’s visit was great – it was so nice to see her. She got to meet Foxy too, which was nice and she thinks he’s pretty sweet – obviously I do too.

Couple of quick shout outs:

Cramp: I keep missing your calls and your MSN messages - of course I still love you! You're my girl, what would a Cramp be without a * ? I'm waiting on the December schedule to find out if I can make your party, if not, I'll figure out something to come and visit you one weekend in December for sure, okay?

Sarah and Dan: We want more pictures of the boys!!! Actual real, put in a frame type pictures would be greatly appreciated. We've got pics of Jared (Chris' sister's son) but no recent one of my nephews! COME ON WOMAN!!!

Grandma: I'll come for lunch sooner or later, I promise! :)

Darcy Jr.: I love the baby ticker - nice to see how things are coming along... keep posting!

Joanne/Brock: Thanks for the lunch time entertainment and treats - keeps me sane in a world of crazy pill mongers. Brock, "Trick or treat...", now can I have a Jersey Milk?

All others: Enjoy what's left of the decent weather, snow's coming whether we like it or not!!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I like how you addressed both Dan and I, but finished off with a "come on woman"! Haha, I guess you realize who wears the pants, and does all the correspondence in this house!! Smart girl! I will try my hardest to get my crap together and send you off some "real" pictures. (which by the way are hard to come by in a world of digital cameras. Everything is on our computer) In the mean time you can always upload some off the blog and print them??
We are looking farward to more pictures of your new baby!!! Congratulations again!

Jen said...

Ha ha - I guess it's true, I always knew that Dan wasn't much of a responder... :) Anyway, I will print some off on my crappy printer in the meantime, I suppose. How's everything on your end of the country?

Darcy said...

Good to know that someone actually checks our blog! If I ever get off my butt and take some more pictures, we'll get some new ones of Sylvia's giant belly and even some of the stuff we've bought...

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
It has been awile, too long to be exact. I miss ya girl, and everytime I jump on Msn to chat w/ ya, Ur never there.Tell Foxy I say HI, and I just feel so empty girl. Alot of Stuff has happened in 31/2 - 4 yrs, that have really made us drift apart. But always know U R in my heart and my mind.
Glad to hear U R working somewhere other then that dump "the bowling alley" thought for sure U were going to end up a lifer and it just made me so upset cause U R so much better then that.
Olivia is doing really good going to school now, and I have been keeping myself busy when she does so I am not think or jonesing for a second baby. Cause Jp still hasn't decided when we R getting married and I am NOT having any more children till he does make that BIG move.

Sarah said...

I am sure Dan could hook you up with a new printer if yours is so crappy!! ;)
We are all great! Birthdays are coming and going. I can't believe my babies are growing up soooo fast!
We miss you guys! When are you coming back for a visit?

Anonymous said...

So, Hey Jen?
When U going to get back on here and load up some new picture's of that sweet little girl? I would really love to come in sometime and meet her. I come into kingston(w/out livy) Monday's and every other friday's. What R Ur weekdays like and how about Ur weekends? Get back to me ASAP.
Take care; Sherry