Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ever had a day just chalk full of crap?

I’m not generally one to come home and down a bottle of wine by myself, but let me tell you – today was a real eye-opener as to how awful dealing with the public can be.

Until this particular customer came in, I was having a great day – busy, but not uncomfortably so – and it was going by quite quickly. Anyway, this guy comes in and is irate because we can’t process his drug plan (even the woman at the company who processes the plan said it couldn’t be done) and proceeds to berate me and call me names in front of a bunch of customers. ACK!!! I swear. I’ve been dealing with the public in various situations since I started working at 16 and I’ve NEVER come across a customer that was so rude and evil.

Thankfully, the people that I work with were great – told me I handled it well, and then Foxy called when I got home to see how my day had gone and I was able to vent to him. All I can say is that I’m glad I’ve got some sort of support network. However, that didn’t stop me from breaking the “watch what you eat” trend and down the bottle of wine (which could be the reason this doesn’t read well…) and a whole bag of Ms. Vickie’s potato chips… I hate the fact that I take solace in food…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with such an @ss. People can really suck somtimes. I've been there too, and it really helps to have co-workers that are understanding and supportive.

(Wo)man, if I could get my hands on some Miss Vickies chips... Complete and utter carnage, let me tell you! One of my favourite meals of all time involved a bag of Miss Vickies chips and some excellent chicken sausages. And that was it. Sooo good!

Anyways, hope that you're doing ok. If this guy comes back, let me know, and I will fly Brett over there to go all Kung-Fu on his @ss! Keep your chin up!*

Love, Kim

(* On an interesting side note, the word for ***** in Japanese is chin, or chin-chin. So if you tell a Japanese male to keep his chin up... Utter hilarity!)

PS-Couldn't keep this post PG, could I?!

Jen said...

Hey girl - I would expect nothing less than a PG-13 post from you (at the very least) that's why I love you! :)

Never pictured you as a chicken sausage kind of girl...maybe a different kind of sausage (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Anyway, glad to see you're reading my blog!

Love, Me