Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bowling and golf...

Foxy is good at both...and by good, I mean exceptional - it's sick really that he's as good as he is, but it's because he puts 120% into anything he wants to do.

I, on the other hand, despite my 110% efforts, have just started to improve where the bowling is concerned - my average going into this season is 177 (13 pins higher than last season) and I've got a 299 high game and 669 high series to beat. It's not likely to happen - I'm okay with that. I actually consider last season my "dream" season - anything from here on out is frosting. For those of you unfamiliar with the world of bowling - I'm talking about 10-pin, in which a perfect game is 300 and a perfect series is 900. 5-pin bowling is NOT real bowling...

Golf, on the other hand, is NOT one of my strong suits. I like to hit the ball - though it's very rare that I actually manage to accomplish that feat. I enjoy the walk, which is a good thing, since I have to walk twice as far as the average player because I've got to search in the rough for my ball more often than not. All in all, I'm pretty pathetic where golf is concerned - I think being a spectator is more my speed.

That being said - Foxy and I are heading to the Bell Canada Open this week coming up. I'm excited to see some big names - though no Tiger or Phil, but Jim Furyk, Fred Funk, John Daly and others will be there so I'm sure we'll see some "famous" faces. Only downside to our little vacation is that I miss my bowling season opener. It's all good though - it's just a greater anticipation of when I get to start the following week...if I can manage to wait that long...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... poor baby... 177 avg... beats my 130 :P

Jen said...

Ha ha ha, sucker! :)

Sarah said...

what ever ya losers... in my world low score wins...and fortunately i have only made it over 100 a few times so i ALWAYS WINNNN!!!!!WOOO HOOOOO!!! ;)

Jen said...

LOL - nice try Sarah - you still live in the land of non-bowling where 5-pin houses are the norm. And people wonder why I'm never moving back to BC...

Sarah said...

I can proudly say that I have never bowled five pin!!
When are you coming home for a visit? We would love to see you guys again!

Jen said...

More than likely it'll be for Dad's 50th in March - though I'm also going to be in Edmonton the 3rd last Sunday of April for a bowling meeting/tournament (National Mixed) I want to see you guys too - especially my nephews!!! :) I know Chris would like to see you as well.