Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Season opener and randomness...

Well, tomorrow is the start of the season - I'm SO happy it's finally here! Woo! Needless to say, I wasn't able to wait for it to start and went and threw 3 games with my junior partner, Greg aka "Strike Boy", and managed to average 201 for 3 games! Not bad after not picking up a ball since the first weekend in May! I'm hoping it's not the last hurrah of last season, but who knows.

Rockstar: Supernova just made me $5.00! Yep, my brilliant prediction gained me some cool cash from a bet. Not to mention that the naming of Lucas Rossi as the new frontman for the band is also another victory for Canadian musicians, who have now fronted both of the Rockstar bands - way to go Canada!! (Even though I'm a little miffed that Lucas won, seeing as how I find him INCREDIBLY hard to understand...but at least Tommy Lee will have some company being the "odd ball" of the group)

Went to the liquor store the other day to pick up some Strongbow (yeah, summer's almost over but I'm still drinking it...) and was appalled to see wine in tetra packs. Yes, tetra packs. What will they think of next? I'm expecting tin cans in the near future, but I'm hoping to be wrong.

Anyway - I'm still waiting to hear back from Mom as to when she's visiting - it won't be soon enough for me as I'm looking forward to hanging out with her and catching up (it'll have been 2 years in April since I last saw her!!!) MOM: I know you'll read this at some point...BOOK A FLIGHT!!!

On that note, I'm off to bed. Wish for many strikes for me as I head into the 2006-07 season!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

aaaahhhhhhh...that sucks!!!! rockstar doesn't come on here for another hour and a half, and here I go reading your friggen blog!!!! as soon as I got to something about Lucas I instantly stopped reading and scrolled down to leave a comment!!! Ugg... Anyway, I will read the rest of your post after rockstar is over tonight!!! (even though I already know the results of the show..grr ;) )

Jen said...

LMAO - sorry girl! You guys have Bell Expressvu - I figured you'd watch the eastern version and then there'd be no problem. Did you find a glitch in the show last night? We watched it from start to finish and still don't know what the heck happened to Magni...

Anonymous said...

JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN!!! We're downloading RockStar at the moment, and I have been avoiding MSN all day so that I wouldn't find out who won, and I thought at least your site would be safe!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You suck, Jen! We hadn't watched it yet!....Screw you guys, ah'm going home!

Sarah said...

hahaha...looks like you made the sh*# list for quite a few people!!! Magni was in the bottom three with Lucas, and Toby. Supernova chose to boot him off at the beginning, then it was down to the three....And I take it you saw the rest...and spoiled it for EVERYONE!!!! That'll teach us to read your blog AFTER all the shows are over for the night!

Jen said...

LMAO - it's not my fault that all of you people live in stupid time zones. I had no idea my blog was so popular! :) Hee hee hee. Again, I apologize and I promise not to mention what happens on the season premiere of Family Guy or any other show that has yet to start or finish. *crosses heart*

Jen said...

BTW - nice website address Brett! :)