Thursday, December 21, 2006

Titleless post

It’s official, the weather man has told me himself that we are not to expect a white Christmas – not even a cold Christmas! Instead, a six degree, slightly overcast grayish brown Christmas. I have to say that I’m slightly disappointed, though I’m not going to miss driving in the snow, it’s hard to get into the spirit of things when there’s no winter to speak of.

That being said, I’ve been putting off wrapping presents for much too long now. I’ve got everything to wrap still, and I’m not off now until Christmas Day, so what to do? Tomorrow, I get groceries and pick up the turkey right after work while Foxy heads off to work nights. That may give me some time in the evening to wrap, but I’m also hoping Jen will stop by to visit after she finishes work (maybe I can rope her into helping me…) Saturday I work until midnight, so no wrapping then and on Christmas Eve, I’m working 8-7:30 and then off to Chris’ parents house for the night. ACK! Needless to say, sleep will be a vital component to my sanity in preparing the dreaded Christmas dinner…

December 30th will be my last day at the pharmacy. I’ve been offered the management position at one of the bowling alleys in town and I’ve taken it. My first official day is December 31st. Woo-hoo! I am a bit nervous, but at the same time excited about the experience and the money doesn’t hurt either!

It’s hard to believe that another year has pretty much come and gone already. Lots of stuff happened this year… I had my first experience living alone in my own apartment for a short time, then Foxy and I got the house a year ago December 5th. I got my new car in April, started a new job in July, had a puppy for a brief time, quit new job and got another new one. Kim came to visit from Japan, Heather came to visit from Rimouski, Mom came to visit, Dad came to visit (twice), got elected president of the association, and bowled a 299 game. I’d say all in all it’s been a pretty productive year and it makes me wonder what next year will bring. I know for sure that I’m in Edmonton in April – but beyond that, I’m not to sure what to expect, but then, that’s part of the fun, isn’t it?

In any event. It’s been crazy busy lately, and I know I’ve neglected a good chunk of my friends and family because of it – I’m lucky that they’re so understanding of my masochistic need to take on way more than is necessary. I hope that the new year will allow me to have more control over my time (and not having to work weekends will definitely help that!) and give me more opportunities to make time for the people that I love.

On that note, this will likely be my last post until the new year (come on, let’s be realistic, it’s likely going to be the middle of January at the earliest) – I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas (YES – CHRISTMAS!!! That’s what we’re celebrating people) and a Happy New Year!

Lots of love to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! hehehe... when I first read the post, I thought it said titless post... I'm so dirty... So now that you're the manager of a bowling alley, does that mean that I get a discount? Can't wait to be able to come and visit you soon! And you'll get to meet your new niece (not that she's been born yet) :)

Jen said...

I still can't believe you're moving out this way - and with a brand new baby! It's exciting though, because it's been SO long since I've seen you. You can bowl for free if you come visit (there's your incentive...) Merry Christmas to you as well - and yes, it may very well be a titless post.

Anonymous said...

It looks like we have a chance of having a white christmas this year, which you know is relatively unheard of around here! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats on the new job! I wonder if it is the same alley my grandma bowls at? She would love that!
We hope you have a wonderful christmas and that santa is good to you! Lots of love and hugs from all of us!!

Anonymous said...

ps. I am sure your dinner will be amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on another year survived! Hope that you had a Merry Christmas, and that your dinner went smashingly. And congrats on your new job!!! Here's to a Stupendous 2007!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I can't wait to hear how your dinner went! We hope you had a great Christmas. Love from all of us!