Now, I know I'm busy and all that, but I like to watch the morning news and I saw two commericals and one news story today that I felt it important to comment on.
1) (The commerical I liked) Three adults walk into an office building carrying balloons and a cake and are asked by the receptionist if she can help them, they reply no and continue to walk into an office area where there are several cubicles scattered about with people working somewhat lack-lustrely (new word, my own invention). These three people walk up to an older gentleman and they say "Happy retirement, Dad!" He looks at them in shock and says, "But I'm not retiring..." They reply with, "We won the Lotto 649 draw!" beaming down at him as the news sinks in. He begins to grin and jumps up to hug them all. That's how it ends after a blurb about 649 and all that. I liked this one because it's cute and it's something that'd be great to be able to do - enable your parents to retire early (because I know my Dad is counting the days (and he's still got more than 5 years to go (you do the math))
2) (The commerical that made me shudder) Pat Quinn, former coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs, argueably one of the most annoying men to listen to in interviews and always the one to make excuses for why the Leafs SUCK, is on screen talking about being a coach and clips of some of his career highlights are shown, then he says, "One of the things you may not know about me is that I'm a stripper." Pause... *crickets chirping in the background* Then he proceeds to talk about Breathe Right nasal strips - ha ha ha, very funny Pat. I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you're joking about being a stripper (not a mental picture any of us wanted to imagine) or that you're so hard up for money that you'd actually consider saying the words, "I'm a stripper," on national television. See for yourself! It all started to go downhill after he sunk Canada at the Olympics. Bad man...
3) The news story that got me shaking my head was that the American Food and Drug Administration has just approved an anti-obesity medication for dogs. Yes, you read that right, dogs. Not only have we all gotten fat and lazy, but now our poor pets are suffering. That's not what made me want to comment though. I immediately thought, I wonder how many brilliant Americans (and I say this because it's not available in Canada, so you know it'd be Americans doing it) are going to pick up the meds, look at the dog and then look at the meds again and think, "Hmmm... if it works for Benji, why wouldn't it work for me?" Watch the news for stories of people overdosing on fat dog medication...
That's all for today folks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fat meds for dogs...What is wrong with today's society! Ummm, cut down on the dog's food and take it for a walk every now and again...or spend insane amounts to feed it a drug that will probably end up having some nasty side effects like explosive diarrhea or anal leakage (like some of the anti-obesity remedies out there for their masters)...Holy crap is right!! Now I have heard it all.
I like the stripper commercial... the first time I saw it I damn near busted a gut!
I totally agree w/ Sarah. Y put Ur dog through the horrible ordeal of taking a Medication especially for Obesity? Dogs may actually help w/ the fact HALF(or maybe even more) of American Society is Overweight. Put down the Damn bonbon's and Take the Damn dog out. there are tons of things U can do w/ Ur dog outside, "Walking" it is only one option.
People are just getting really outrageous. Really makes me shake my head....
She~ra
Post a Comment