Thursday, March 15, 2007

A letter to myself...

Dear Me,

I just wanted to remind you of your better days - you know what I'm talking about - those better, thinner, healthier days. What have you been thinking, letting yourself go? Go to your closet and pull out that dress you wore to your high school graduation if you want a reminder - yep, that dress was a size 6. A 6!!! What happened to those cute, short skirts you used to wear? Ah yes, I know - it's called cellulite and there isn't anyone who wants to see it.

So what are you going to do for yourself? You do notice that I'm writing this for all the world to see - maybe it will instill some accountability on your part. I'm not saying you should become a shut in, but for heaven's sakes woman, take better care of yourself! Drink more water and less coffee. Sleep more! Learn how to say no! Get off your butt and do some exercise, even when you absolutely hate the thought of it... Eat better too - it's more expensive, but in the long run, it'll end up costing you less!

You've only got one body and I have to say I'm getting mighty depressed looking at it in the mirror in the condition you've allowed it to degenerate to. It's going to take time and hard work, I'm not going to lie to you, you're going to want to quit and say it's not worth it, but you'll do it because you know I'm right and it'd be nice to fit into single digit clothing again. I'm not trying to be harsh with you - I'm just trying to open your eyes!

Love,
Me

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Uggghh...I hear ya sister! That letter could have been from my head (minus the single digit, size 6 thing...At my teeny tiniest I was still a size 12...I am sure my bare bones would be more than single digit!!) This is the year for me to get my ass in gear. I am in a wedding in the caribbean coming up...Ack! I need help!! lol. Personal trainer? Personal chef? Or maybe just some self control and determination?

Jen said...

Hey woman - I am with you on the whole thing - in fact, I was thinking about setting up another blog just to track my progress (or lack thereof) I won't necessarily make it public, unless you wanted to work on it together - sort of as a support thing?

Anonymous said...

Well Lady:
I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks that way about herself when she looks in the mirror, But U know WE probably ain't the only ones either. Work out equipment HAHAHA. I got an eliptical for Xmas and I used it the max of a week before I got LAZY and quit....
If U need any support Ladies i will try hard to supply it, If not ah well at least I get to say my 2 cents on this thing...
Take care
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Jen(n)! It's always great to hear about people wanting to improve their health! I humbly offer my services in screaming Schwarzeneggerian affirmations at you, likely in the comments section of your blog. A sample: "Push it, you little gurly-man! Vy don't you just put on your high heels?!"

Jen said...

Yea! Cheerleaders! Woo-hoo! :)