Well, no one told me that I had to do it regularly so I've sort of lapsed as of late... Random updated information:
Recently read books:
"The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls - fantastic and a really good reminder that no matter what happens when you're a kid that you can really overcome any and everything to get what you want - and that your own childhood is never as bad as someone else's (not that mine was bad - I'm just saying that, wow, this book really makes you appreciate the littlest things you take for granted when you don't think about them).
"My Sister's Keeper" - yeah I know I'm like the last person on the face of the planet to read this book but it was AMAZING! Anyone reading this should really pick up a copy of it if they've never read it. They're making a screenplay for it and I'll be sure to see it in the theatre, even though it'll likely pale in comparison to the novel.
Recently watched movies:
Transformers - and yes, it rocked. E assured me that I'd really like it and she was right.
Listening to right now:
"Sensual Seduction" by Snoop Dogg and before that it was "Love in the Club" by Usher - it's the Max Trax channel on the digital cable - something to keep me in activity mode to clean the house, though I appear to have gotten side-tracked updating my blog...
Recent activities:
Painted the two new rooms in the basement (with the help of Foxy's mom and dad)
Got a laptop (to replace my desktop that bit the dust) which has always been a dream of mine.
Top dressed and seeded the front lawn
Booked a florist and dj for the wedding
FYI - only 80 days until I'm officially a married woman! :) WOO HOO!
Hmmm...other than working 6 days a week not much else is new. I'm glad that the weather is starting to improve. Hard to believe that it's already May.
A few random thoughts:
What is the deal with the "new" Diamond Shreddies. You know you have a really basic product when you just take it and tilt it and call it something new. And I bet that sales have increased dramatically because consumers are mindless and if it's "new" it must be better. I'm going to invent diamond cd cases, they'll be all the rage, you'll see!
Why does road construction always seem to happen in the sections of the road that aren't really that bad? It's like the city planning department throws a dart at the map and wherever the dart lands, they resurface the road - they've picked one of the few sections of Princess Street to improve that doesn't have a single pothole in it, yet the roads that run parallel to Princess have been known to swallow up cars in some of the holes. Yep, our tax dollars being used effectively.
Gas prices in this city are apparently some of the lowest in the country ($1.18), so for that I'm thankful, but I still don't understand why they jack it up 8 cents on Tuesday only to have it dropped back to the original price by Friday evening. Don't they figure that we know what they're doing and that we'll either fill up before or after they jack it? I guess it's true that money can't buy brains.
I think that's enough for now. I'll put some pictures or videos up here at some point so that it's not just a bunch of my typing filling up the space. Our tree is in the process of sprouting some leaves so that'll likely be one of my first picture posts - seeing as how like all other plant life, I figured it had died being in my presence... Harlee (yes, I named the tree) seems to be fairing quite well, though the neighbours probably think I'm crazy by now because I quite frequently go up to it, stroke some of the new little leaves and tell the tree that I'm happy it's survived both the winter and it's black-thumbed owner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment