Well, E and I had our first bootcamp workout this morning and nothing is clearer to me then the fact that I AM OUT OF SHAPE!!! I'm dreading getting to work this morning and having to climb the 25 stairs up to the staff room!
The morning started with a 5:20 AM wake up then a drive to E's to park the car to walk to the park where we met for our first session. We started with a lap of the park at a light jog - lungs burning and butt jiggling...FUN! Then we had to do travelling lunges across the tennis court four times, by the end of the second time I thought, you've got to be kidding me - there's no way I can do this two more times. Then we all gathered in the big field where we did isometric lunges (yeah, I was thinking the same thing...more lunges???) then we had to do push-ups, where our trainer yells to the group, "There's no such thing as "girl" push-ups here, we do toes on the ground push-ups here and I don't care if you can only do half of one, that's a starting point!" So then he says we're going to do the isometric lunges as a set with the push-ups, so lunges 10 times then 5 push-ups, repeat 5 times! ARGH! Then just when you think that it's almost over, we have to do tree sprints, where we have to run from one side of the park to a tree and back, then do 5 push-ups, then run to the next tree and back, then 5 more push-ups - there were 5 trees! Needless to say I wasn't doing 5 push-ups each time, but I figure we've got to start somewhere, right? Needless to say, E was less than impressed about getting her hands dirty! :) After the tree sprints, we proceeded to the big field again where we did a push-up type drill where you get into push-up position and you touch your right knee to your right elbow and do the same on the left side, these weren't too bad actually, but then he had us add a down/up movement where we go from push-up position down to our forearms and then back up to the pushup position. Then he did another super-set where we put all the moves together, isometric lunges, push-up knees, and push-up forearms. He then announces that there's only 12 minutes left (at this point I'm thinking I've been doing this for at least an hour and a half (and the session is actually only 45 minutes from start to finish) so I'm sure we're going to do our stretching), but he announces that we're going to do burpies. What is a burpie you ask? Well, you jump in the air then go down to the ground in a pike position, then kick out your legs to a push-up position, then back to the jump and repeat - PURE TORTURE!!! Then we got to stretch and hobble our way back to E's house where I crumpled into my car and drove home - only to know that I'll be heading back to the park again tomorrow morning! OH JOYS!!!
Here is a link to the bootcamp video just to give you an idea of what kind of work we'll be doing for the next while.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=21322670070&oid=7436962099
Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment